Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's simple.


The old addage goes: You are what you eat.

Simply put, if you fill yourself of with healthy things: You will be healthy. If you fill up on crappy things: You will be crappy.

And seriously, who wants to be crappy?

I'll get into my story in my profile... but that'll come later. But for now, I'll just say that at ONE POINT in my life I was SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS. That's about 4.25 Justin Timberlakes. Less than two years later I managed to get down below 400lbs (or roughly 2.5 Justin Timberlakes.)

HOWEVER, recently I've begun to 'give up' on my diet. To eat whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it and have subsequently balloned back up to about 425 pounds. This has gotta stop.

I've decided to continue my journey in kind of a new way..

I'm going to really start putting myself out there... reasons are multiple.

1.) I want people to REALLY see what is going on in my diet and exercise life.
2.) I want to REALLY see how far God can take me through both a PHYSICAL transformation as well as a SPIRITUAL transformation.
3.) I want to show other fat guys that there REALLY is a way to fight all of the excuses that we use: no time, time money, heredity, etc.

Here's the deal guys (and girls): this is possible. We CAN take control of our lives again! I doesn't matter what your age is... what your profession is... what your families health is.


(L-R: My older brother, birth father, and me - the day before my wedding 9/15/07)

I got your back.

From this day foward, I'll be posting (hopefully everyday) what my daily struggles and triumphs are... what I've been eating and how it affects my weight loss (or gain) and what seems to be the best plan of action for an exercise.

Join the fight. Join me. Victory will be ours!



Slán agus beannacht leat!
The Slim

2 comments:

Laura said...

i am proud of you

Art Teacher said...

I am proud of you too, unfortunately I can't diet with you but I can cheer you on. By the way I like the way that your birth padre's heart is glimmering stood proud betwixt his two sons!